Paula Doohan - Dog Listener
RSS

Recent Posts

Bringing your new puppy home !
buying a new puppy
pure dog Listening
wolves
Tell me again why humans are at the top of the food chain

Categories

bring a new pup home
powered by

My Blog

buying a new puppy

The first thing to be very aware of when purchasing a new puppy is Don’t get ripped off !!Please don’t fall into the designer dog trap. A “designer dog/pup” is just a cross breed ,simply a mongrel or as I like to call them multipedigrees , Any dog pound or rescue shelter is full of these cross breeds looking for good homes  , and please try not to buy them from free adds papers where they are anything up to 400 euro !!! The purchase of a wonderful little puppy can be a fantastic experience. A dog can be your closest friend, a real pal. But, an unscrupulous breeder, looking to take advantage of you, can turn your naïveté  into a disaster. All puppies are cute! Ugly dogs were cute as puppies. Ill-bred dogs were cute as puppies. Unhealthy dogs were cute as puppies. Puppies that don't remotely conform to breed standards (Designer dogs) were cute as puppies. If you buy a puppy based on how cute, or cuddly, or playful it is, you stand a good chance of ending up with a puppy that grows into a dog you are very unhappy with. Or worse, it could grow into a dog with health problems that will cost you a small fortune in money and tremendous heartache. The warning signs when you are about to buy the wrong pup or dog begins when they the breeders will arrange to meet you somewhere , car park, side of the road , half way  etc !!! A reputable breeder will want to meet you first and then decide if you are a fit puppy owner. A reputable breeder will want you to sign a contract and will accept the puppy back if things go wrong! Before you decide to purchase the pup/dog pre arrange with the breeder that a contract be signed for a vet check after you buy the puppy and a full refund is given if your vet finds health problems. All too often I call out to owners with pups /dogs with issues and I hear “But I have pedigree papers “I look at the pedigree papers and the same breeding lines are popping up all the time ……….Papers don’t mean a thing these days – There are far too many back yard breeders  and far too many unscrupulous breeders in this county at the minute .This is why our pound and rescues are overflowing with unwanted dogs. The Dog pound is a facility for the people of Donegal to get rid of their unwanted dogs and pups it is not a rehoming centre ! It’s a service provided by Donegal county council to deal with pets that are surplus to requirements . The pound do a great job in letting rescues take dogs out after their 5 days , but the problem lies within the county itself . If people stopped buying from these so called  breeders  they would go out of business totally .  If any one wants to contact me for info regarding dog breeds etc , I will put them on the right road !!! info@pauladoohan.net Paula Doohan,info@pauladoohan.netwww.pauladoohan.net

29 Comments to buying a new puppy :

Comments RSS
pet friendly holidays on 15 February 2013 12:38
The clarity in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.Thanks for sharing this.

catteries in Essex on 22 May 2013 07:54
Hi..I am planning to buy a new puppy and your post really works for me,Thanks..

rolex replica uk on 22 September 2013 03:30
Thanks for joining and the compliment as well.

san diego restoration services on 17 September 2018 19:13
Perfectly written post! I feel interested inside reading information about further of the similar topics..

click this link on 06 September 2013 08:21
Having a puppy could be the beginning of many years of contentment since the specific bond in between people and also canines exceeds perhaps the best associated with expectations. Even so, to ensure the greatest romantic relationship along with your canine, you must be prepared for a few critical obligations.

instalacje elektryczne warszawa on 23 June 2014 19:08
Painting like a professional typically the residence is just not a painful task and the best whole individuals with less experience must take care of the application with little difficulty buying the particular containment system to make sure you sequence instant this kind of results is tailored to your must have plus one

James Rogla on 08 September 2018 08:34
Can you please share some pictures of different kind of puppies. I am really very thankful to you. You have done great job. rubber flooring for safety

solary kielce on 30 June 2014 18:35
but in addition seek advice from the smallest detail but in addition ultimate not enough advantage of for

adres www on 21 August 2014 02:20
we will be able to accentuate the interior of our house, accommodation or even business exactly where we work In your past, a lot of coloration remember to brush was used given that the primary device for that painter, although now

http://www.writeanessay.net on 11 February 2015 09:43
Thanks for posting this. I wish it was able to be translated, but for some reason Google toolbar isn't working. I copy pasted it into another application and read the post***%%!!

adres on 25 June 2015 13:05
but likewise discuss the detail The inner surface decor is extremely important to adjust the particular details

profil on 12 September 2015 17:54
you need to see that present styles shift in a short time and that is exactly what way some time back, it becomes outdated in a few years When selecting the very getting roof tiles ought to to start with go through the bedroom wherein many of us will do utilize them

Frank I. Winston on 25 October 2015 22:43
Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, my profile the usefulness and importance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and best of luck!

Barbara E. Stephens on 04 December 2015 10:56
I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for any industry as well as for person.

FreshEssay on 24 May 2016 10:33
Thanks for sharing in detail, your blog is an inspiration!Apart of useful tips, hint's just really cool.

Professional Writers on 31 May 2016 09:18
Really,a dog can be your closest friend.I have a labrador retriever. It`s my best friend.I`m student and it takes almost all my free time.I found this writing agency and the helped me to cope with all those amount of writing tasks.So, now I can spend more time with friends of mine and my dog)

Grand-Essays Writing on 01 July 2016 07:55
Very valuable information, thanks for sharing. I am also the dog lover and it was very interesting to read your post. Dogs are really very cute and they can be human best friends. They must be given the proper care and training. Keep on writing. Here is the high-quality writing source to help anyone.

Words Doctorate on 11 August 2017 12:08
thanks for sharing useful information with us..

Buy on 01 November 2017 05:30
This is very much a work in progress whenever I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative

International Business Consultant on 11 December 2017 13:59
All things considered, it's a pleasant one, I have been searching for. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing such enlightening stuff.

essaycloud on 21 February 2018 08:36
It is good to know that you make the vocation days so perfect and for this purpose, you make the bath, especially for the women. Your vacation tips are very handy and very different. It seems that you have done study of the tourism.

help with assignment uk on 21 February 2018 08:37
I am sure that the information for understanding the depression that you shared through your post is useful for people. I am impressed with the way of writing. It kept connected me all the time. Keep up the good work.

Harley Bennett on 03 May 2018 12:47
You have posted very informative tips about buying a new puppy.I have learned a lot from this post which will help me in future,keep up your good work. French fry boxes in different design

hanryleo on 07 May 2018 15:05
I visit this website and i found many interesting blogs here. All the blogs you share about the puppy is very interesting and also very informative. I get a lot of knowledge from these post related to puppy for home. Thanks for sharing this. Keep sharing high quality rubber flooring for sale

buy rubber flooring mats on 21 May 2018 12:05
Awesome material with great working working style, i am very happy and must want to appreciate your efforts. I will bookmark your post to get more knowledge.

uk assignment writing on 30 August 2018 10:22
People’s lifestyle changes relatively with the awareness and introduction of something new. An educated individual has much better lifestyle as compare to others. You have mentioned some techniques for changing our lifestyle and making it better in all ways.

Smith on 07 September 2018 14:08
Impressive post. This post is one of the best post about buying a new puppy.I was looking the same post. Thank you very much for sharing it. london yellow brick

ryanjackson on 28 September 2018 13:52
I am very glad to visit this website. I found many interesting information related to new puppy and the wolves also. All the information you share about it is very. Keep it up and keep sharing. get epdm roofing material from here

buy gymnastic mats on 08 October 2018 07:04
Amazing knowledge about new puppy you have collect from different way of life, I am very happy to got your knowledge from here..